DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management Career Services encourages all students to obtain an internship to gain "real world" experience before graduation. Some of our degree programs offer academic credit for internships. Internships can be part-time or full-time, and flexible based on the needs of the employer and the schedule of the student.
The internship program is a "self-directed" job search program. Self-directed means any student can search for internships and respond to the leads. Follow-up through a second email or phone call is advised.
DeVry/Keller Career Services works aggressively to secure internship positions and refer students to these leads. Because employment opportunities depend on local business conditions, DeVry/Keller cannot guarantee internships positions to students.
In order to be enrolled in the program, students must:
- Attend an orientation conducted by the internship coordinator
- Complete an enrollment form.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Provide an unofficial copy of transcript. Please go to your Degree Navigator found on the Student Portal.
TIPS FOR GETTING AN INTERNSHIP:
- Determine your career interest through self assessments. View websites such as Jung Typology Test (Meyers Briggs)
- With your career interest in mind, research potential employers early in your academic career. Use websites such ast The Occupation Outlook Handbook and Onet.
- Make networking a regular part of your internship job search. Network with friends, family, professors, employers who attend on-campus recruiting events, and by joining a professional association.
- Develop a resume that can be used as a marketing tool to Sell Yourself.
- Utilize Career Services for resume critiques, mock interviewing, and tips on searching for positions.
- Keep track of Upcoming Events posted on the DeVry/Keller Career Services website.
- Consider an unpaid internship to gain experience as well. It may lead to a permanent full-time position with the company.
What can an Internship do for you?
An internship is work experience related to a student's major and/or career interest that takes place during a semester or in the summer. It can be paid or unpaid. Statistics show that college graduates who participate in an internship are more likely to stay with their employers after graduation. Employers conclude that students who have had an internship before graduating have gained some basic training in the field. This puts them at a competitive advantage.
When is the best time to start looking for an internship?
It is recommended that students be in their 3rd or 4th term. However, it is suggested that students begin to research their career field of interest and look for internships as soon as they become enrolled.
DeVry/Keller students, are you interested in applying for the Internship Program?
All eligible students should attend an Internship Orientation which normally takes place on the 2nd Wednesday of each session. Please refer to our Upcoming Events page for dates and times. To RSVP, please contact Hyun Woo at 404-270-2784 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please complete the Student Enrollment Form.
How do Keller students get academic credit for an internship?
All students interested in receiving academic credit for an internships should contact Dr. Lorenzo Bowman for more information. He can be reached at email@example.com or 404-270-2927.
Employers, are you interested in posting an internship?
Should you have internship positions available, please contact Internship Liaison, Hyun Woo at 404-270-2784 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNSHIP CONTACT INFORMATION: