Services to Students and Graduates
To most effectively assist students and graduates, a close cooperative effort between Career Services and the student and/or graduate is essential. To meet this challenge, the Career Services office provides the following services and resource materials:
Offered to students in order to provide preparation for successful interviewing. Mock interviews are conducted by Career Services Advisors and students are provided with appropriate advice and counseling.
The Career Services office provides students the opportunity to interview with employers both on and off campus.
Includes the use of telephones, private rooms, faxing, resume mailing service, job listings, and employer profiles.
Career Services Guidelines
- Career Services abides by the principles and practices of the National Association of Colleges and Employees (NACE).
- When interfacing with company representatives for testing, presentation, or interviewing, appropriate interview attire is required.
- Attendance is mandatory for company testing or presentation held as part of the interview process.
- Adequately plan your travel time to arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Cancellation of scheduled interviews is strongly discouraged. Interviewing indicates a genuine interest in the company and position. This is not an opportunity for practicing your interviewing skills. If you are uncertain, discuss this with your advisor prior to scheduling the interview.
- In the event of an emergency on the day of your interview, contact your advisor as soon as possible. If this is an off-campus interview, also contact the company.
- Not showing for a test or interview is not acceptable. A letter of apology is to be written to the company and a copy of the letter is given to your advisor. If you must cancel an interview, please do so with as much notice as possible and preferably with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Please remain flexible regarding interview times. On occasion, travel delays/cancellations, and other events will affect the interview schedule. We will provide you with as much notice as possible regarding these types of changes.
- Prior to any interview, conduct research on the company.
- Maintain regular contact with your advisor during your interview process.
- Students and Graduates will conduct an active self-directed job search.
- Please notify your Career Advisor if you accept employment. If you are unsure about accepting an offer, we recommend discussing the matter with the company and your advisor.
Services to Employers
As a "one call, no cost solution" to meeting employer hiring needs, several services are provided to the employer. These include:
- Year-round highly qualified graduates (February, June, and October Graduations)
- On-campus interview scheduling
- Prescreening and matching of graduates to specific job requirements; i.e., geographic preferences, work history, and GPA
- Resumes referred to job postings
SCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS & SERVICES
We are not always available for walk-in appointments, therefore we ask that students schedule an appointment when they would like to meet face to face.